This post contain affiliate links
My daughters are in the hairdo stage, so they’re constantly asking for new things to use for their hair. I have made a scrunchie in the past for myself and they really liked it. so I decided to make some for them
A soft cotton yarn like mercerized cotton, so it will not be too harsh on the hair. A soft acrylic yarn could also work.
A crochet hook. Size recommended in the yarn label
A hair tie
sl st: Slip stitch
Sc: Single crochet
BLO: back loop only
- Start by doing a chain of 20. For a bigger scrunchie chain 30.
- pass the chain through the hair tie, join the chain in a round with a sl st.
- Sc all stitches on the first round
- Sc in the BLO. keep working on all stitches this way to form a large tube around the hair tie.
- The tube needs to be larger than the hair tie, this way it could stretch out with the hair tie when using it.
- When achieving the desired length, join the ends with sl sts
- cut yarn and weave ends
Watch the video tutorial for step by step instructions. Remember to pause when needed and go at your own pace.