Crochet Amigurumi Macarons
This post contains affiliate links
After taking a well deserved two weeks of no social media (well, just a bit) I decided to make something for my girls. They got a toy kitchen as a gift and wanted me to make them some “food to cook”. They also got a tea set and I decided to make some cute and quick Macarons.
Basic Stitch Acrylic Yarn : I like this acrylic yarn because it has fluff and bounce. You can also use cotton yarn. Chose one color for the “cookie shell” part and one for the filling
Crochet hook one size smaller than the recommended in the label
Sc: single crochet
Sl st: Slip stitch
- Make a magic ring
- Sc6 into the Magic ring
- Sc in every stitch
- *2sc in the next st, 1sc in the next st* Repeat till the end
- *1sc in the next 2 sts, 2sc in the next st* Repeat till the end
- Sc in every stitch.
- When closing the last st, switch to the filling color and sc in every stitch around
- bind off, cut yarn and weave the ends
- When making the second one, do not bind off or cut the yarn. We will continue joining the two pieces together
- putting the two pieces together (wrong side facing) use only the top loops from each st. Make a sl st to join.
- Stuff the Macaron with the polyester filling. Do not use too much as the Macaron needs to still look a bit flat.
- bind off, cut yarn and weave ends, and you’re done!
See the video for visual instructions. Remember to go at your own pace and pause when needed.