Crochet Star and Christmas Tree
This post contains affiliate links
I am really enjoying making new ornaments for my Christmas tree this year!
After the crochet ball with the buffalo plaid bow, I have decided to make these stars and Christmas trees. They can be made into ornaments or as garlands to decorate. Here are the materials and pattern:
Sl st: Slip stitch
Sc: Single crochet
Dc: Double crochet
Sc 2 tog: Single crochet two together
For the Crochet Star:
Start with a magic ring
- Sc 3 (this will count as ast) and make 6 dc into the magic ring
- Join the round with a sl st into the third chain of the three chain st
- Chain 6, insert hook into the thirds chain and sl st. chain 3 and sl st into the second dc from the current st
Repeat step 3 to make a total of 6 peaks. Fasten off, cut yarn and weave ends
cut another piece of yarn to form the hanging loop
For the Christmas Tree:
Worsted weight yarn. I chose green and brown, but any color is fine.
Crochet hook size according to the yarn label
- chain 10
- Insert hook in the second chain. Sc all sts across
- Chain 1 and turn, sc until the middle of the row, sc 2 tog, sc remaining sts
Repeat step 3 until the row has 5 or less sts
in the last row sc all stitches together. Finish with a sl st. Fasten off and leave enough yarn to form a loop for hanging. cut yarn, form the loop and weave ends.
I leave you with the video for step by step visuals. remember to pause at any time and go at your own pace